*Follow me on Facebook*

April 8, 2013

Hair confessions (Part I)

Let me tell you a little secret about my hair. I haven't had a haircut or dyed it since March of 2013. Yes, you are reading that correctly and YES it has been over a year. Shameful I know!
Everything was perfect before that. I had finally found the perfect stylist, someone I could trust completely. I've been going to her for the past 6 years until we had to move to Japan.

The last time I went to get my hair done she suggested not to do highlights all over but instead to go with an Ombre style so I wouldn't have to worry about retouching my roots for a while. She also gave me a haircut nothing crazy just some sexy long layers. I loved it! 

I have asked friends and also google in search for a hairstylist but nothing like my previous one. There's probably a gazillion good stylist out there but that language barrier is still a big factor as it is distance. I've been told there are plenty of english speaking stylist in Tokyo but I don't want to commute for hours on a train either. I asked a complete Japanese stranger who spoke perfect English, and had a super cute haircut about her stylist. She gave me the number of the hair salon but when I called nobody spoke English =(
I started talking to the receptionist of Sakura Salon through Facebook and she recommended me the hairstylist so I finally made an appointment and I am anxious, excited and nervous about the outcome. I will tell you more later and will show you pics as well.

My beautiful and sweet Sherri B. and I the last time she did my hair.

Me and my hair now!


Long eh?!

Here are a few pics of my lovely dogs. I took them with me on this shoot and decided to let them run free.
 This is Mia, she's so tiny you can barely see her haha. She is full of energy I love her so much.

Romeo! Just the best furry friend a girl can have. He is full of love and kindness. I named him Romeo for a reason =)

 Just like my two kids, my dogs are not camera friendly. They avoid me as soon as they see me pointing my camera lens at them. 



How often do you get your haircut/color? Where do you get inspiration and tips from?
Even though we are miles away I still follow my hairstylist for inspiration and tips. She has a FB page www.facebook.com/HairStylistSherriB and she also has a website and an amazing blog www.sherridoeshothair.com check her out!

Until next time.

With <3

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment