*Follow me on Facebook*

April 15, 2013

Baked Taquitos (A.K.A Fried Taquitos)

I'm in the kitchen! I spend most of my day in the kitchen. Breakfast, lunch and of course dinner.
Today was special. My Mexican friend likes my cooking and wanted to eat taquitos (fried taquitos).  I am not Mexican, but I love Mexican food. I'm always trying to come up with good recipes. I didn't want fried taquitos. I follow the blog 100 Days Of Real Food, and I saw the post on "How to Bake Taquitos." Since my friend was craving fried taquitos, I decided to try this new recipe.

This is how it went down.
The following pics came straight out of my camera =)

 Step 1. Wear your apron ($3 at the 3Coin store)


Ingredients for Piña colada 

Blend with ice

YUM!

 A trick I found on Pinterest. It claims to keep your Cilantro, Parsley, etc. fresh for up to 2 weeks. 

I'll let you know if it works.

Some of the ingredients.

I boiled the chicken, and out of the chicken stock I made veggie soup, then I shredded the chicken.

I also used some of the chicken stock to make rice.

 My daughter took this pic of me rolling the taquitos.

Here is the trick. Instead of frying the taquitos in oil you spray some canola oil over the taquitos and bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 425 degrees.

Guacamole: avocado, onion, tomatoes, salt and of course lemon juice.

 Queso fresco (Part skim milk cheese), diced red radishes, diced tomatoes, lettuce, and mild salsa.

 Final product.

 Veggie soup.

 Delicious baked taquitos (my friend said she didn't notice the difference between fried or baked). 

Don't forget to enjoy with some tasty Piña Colada or your favorite drink of choice ;)

Did you like this post? Are you interested in more cooking posts?

Until next time.

With <3

Tamara






3 comments:

  1. Me encanta la receta, fácil y rápida. Dime ademas del quesito fresco, que mas le pusiste a los taquitos, crema???
    Asumo que al rociarlos con el aceite en spray y hornarlos son mas "ligth" que freirlos no???
    Me encanta !!
    Tan chula que sos Tama !!! Fan, Fan, Fan de tu blog!!!

    Clau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh no se te olvide contarnos si te funcionó lo del vasito con agua para mantener fresco los "montes" como les llamo /cilantro, perejil, yerba buena, etc)

    Clau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les puse lechuga, tomate, queso fresco y crema. Si rociarlos con el aceite ahorra mas calorias que si los fries =)
    Te cuento que el cilantro se arruino al 3er dia. El siguiente paso fue hacer lo mismo pero esta vez lo puse adentro del refrigerador. Luego te cuento si eso funciono mejor o no. Gracias por tus comentarios y me alegra que te gusten mis posts =)

    ReplyDelete