*Follow me on Facebook*

July 16, 2013

Let's have a cup of Tea


Following my previous post. What to do with leftover pineapple skin and core?
I think you can guess what we are making from the title of my post. Yes, tea. Even though is summer, there's something about drinking a cup of tea early morning or late in the evening. It's soothing and relaxing. You can also serve it cold which is refreshing and hydrating. You will enjoy either way =)

The following recipe is courtesy of my mother. Yes, as I was about to throw the pineapple skin in the trash she came rushing and screaming "NOOO! We can use it". (Imagine this in slow motion, it's way funnier.) My mama loves to enjoy a cup of tea any time of the day.

What you'll need:

Pineapple skin and core and if you have leftover pineapple you can add it too.
1 Cup of dried Jamaica flower 
2 1/2 Liters of water
1 Orange or Lemon
*Optional Brown sugar, honey or agave to sweeten.


You could read about dried Jamaica flower tea properties here and I hope you know the benefits of eating and/or drinking pineapples, oranges and lemons.

Let's continue...
 Add all ingredients except for sugar. 

 bring to a boil.

Enjoy hot or cold.


What other combination of ingredients do you use to make tea?

Until next time.

With <3

Tamara


No comments:

Post a Comment